About the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy:
The Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy is the nation’s leading forum for conservative and libertarian legal scholarship, one of the most widely circulated student-edited law reviews, and the first and bestselling law review available for the Kindle. The Journal is published three times annually by the Harvard Society for Law & Public Policy, Inc., an organization of Harvard Law School students.
Recent authors include Richard Epstein, Robert George, John Ashcroft, Judge Thomas Griffith, and Ron Paul. In the past, we have published pieces by former Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Justice Antonin Scalia, and Justice Clarence Thomas.
In this issue:
A Collection of Articles on “Privacy, Security, and Human Dignity in the Digital Age”:
– “Foreword: Accounting for Technological Change” by Orin S. Kerr
– “The Pursuit of Privacy in a World Where Information Control is Failing” by Adam Thierer
– “Observations from Above: Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Privacy” by John Villasenor
– “Compulsory Process in Cyberspace: Rethinking Privacy in the Social Networking Age” by Robert D. Richards
– “Ending the Zero-Sum Game: How to Increase the Productivity of the Fourth Amendment” by Ric Simmons
– “Updating the Law of Information Privacy: The New Framework of the European Union” by Marc Rotenberg and David Jacobs
– “Neuroscience, Mental Privacy, and the Law” by Francis X. Shen
– “Public Choice Theory and Overcriminalization” by Paul J. Larkin, Jr.
– “Should We Make Crime Impossible?” by Michael L. Rich
And three Notes:
– Seminole Rock and the Separation of Powers
– Cleaning Up “The Mess”: The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals and the Burden of Proof in the Guantanamo Habeas Cases
– Balancing the Separation of Powers and Right-Remedy Principles in Minneci v. Pollard, 132 S. Ct. 617 (2012)
Author: Adam Thierer, John Villasenor, Paul Larkin, Orin Kerr,
Binding: Kindle Edition
Manufacturer: Harvard Society for Law & Public Policy, Inc.
Product group: eBooks
Studio: Harvard Society for Law & Public Policy, Inc.
Publication Date: 2013-04-20
Publisher: Harvard Society for Law & Public Policy, Inc.