Thursday , February 20 2020
Home / LewRockwell / Another Auto-Immolation

Another Auto-Immolation

Summary:
Pity the fool who buys a Tesla. It could be the last car he ever owns Omar Awan, a 48-year-old anesthesiologist, was driving his leased Tesla in February when he lost control on a south Florida parkway and the car slammed into a palm tree, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed in state court in Broward County. Would-rescuers couldn’t open the doors to extract Awan because the handles were retracted; bystanders watched helplessly as the car filled with smoke and flames, according to the complaint – which alleges the fire originated with the car’s battery. The door handles on the Model S are flush with the car and pop out — “auto-present” in the words of Tesla – when they detect that the key fob is nearby. But when the power

Topics:
Eric Peters considers the following as important:

This could be interesting, too:

Tyler Durden writes Watch Live: Bernie Battles “Billionaire” Bloomberg In Critical Las Vegas Debate

Tyler Durden writes ‘You Are Here’ – The Stages Of Collapse Exposed

Tyler Durden writes Terrifying Charts Show China’s Economy Remains Completely Paralyzed

Wolf Richter writes It Gets Surprisingly Ugly: US Freight Shipments Plunge 9.4%, Steepest since 2009

Pity the fool who buys a Tesla. It could be the last car he ever owns

Omar Awan, a 48-year-old anesthesiologist, was driving his leased Tesla in February when he lost control on a south Florida parkway and the car slammed into a palm tree, according to a wrongful death lawsuit filed in state court in Broward County.

Would-rescuers couldn’t open the doors to extract Awan because the handles were retracted; bystanders watched helplessly as the car filled with smoke and flames, according to the complaint – which alleges the fire originated with the car’s battery.

The door handles on the Model S are flush with the car and pop out — “auto-present” in the words of Tesla – when they detect that the key fob is nearby.

But when the power goes off, the doors can’t be opened.

“Fire engulfed the car and burned Dr. Awan beyond recognition – all because the Model S has inaccessible door handles, no other way to open the doors, and an unreasonably dangerous fire risk,” according to the Oct. 10 suit. The complaint lists the cause of death as smoke inhalation and states that Awan had sustained no internal injuries or broken bones in the crash.

 Read the Whole Article

Eric Peters
Eric Peters is a freelance car/bike/political columnist. He escaped the corporate-owned media Big Boys years ago. Without the censorship of the corporate tools

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *