Faculty, Associated Scholars, and More In July, the Mises Institute hosted Mises University in Auburn, Alabama.Mises U featured 167 attendees from 94 colleges and universities, 25 countries, and 26 US states.Mises U faculty also featured several first-time members, including Shawn Ritenour (Grove City College), Lukasz Dominiak (Nicolas Copernicus University), Jason Jewell (Faulkner University), and Ryan McMaken ...
Mises Institute considers the following as important:
This could be interesting, too:
Madsen Pirie writes The hovercraft
Tim Worstall writes The nub of our disagreement
No Author writes Napalm: The Signature Weapon of the American Empire
Faculty, Associated Scholars, and More
- In July, the Mises Institute hosted Mises University in Auburn, Alabama.
- Mises U featured 167 attendees from 94 colleges and universities, 25 countries, and 26 US states.
- Mises U faculty also featured several first-time members, including Shawn Ritenour (Grove City College), Lukasz Dominiak (Nicolas Copernicus University), Jason Jewell (Faulkner University), and Ryan McMaken (Mises Institute).
- Mises U Lectures can be viewed here.
The Libertarian Scholars Conference returned to The King’s College in New York City, this September.
- The conference featured attendees from 46 colleges and universities, including 12 countries and 23 states. Thanks to our donors, we had 21 students on scholarship.
- This year’s keynote speakers were Michael Rectenwald, formally of New York University, and Saifedean Ammous, Lebanese American University.
- Selected video from LSC is available here. Audio is available here.
Volume 22, Issue 2 of the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics was published
Chris Sciabarra recently discovered some American history talks by Murray Rothbard that were recorded in 1979 and 1980 at NYC. They are now available online at mises.org.
Top 5 Podcast Episodes of the Quarter are:
- Jeff Deist’s media appearances this quarter include: The Daily Ledger on OAN, The News with Rick Sanchez on RT, and the Terry Maxwell Show on KNZR. He is a regular on A Neighbor’s Choice, a WFLA talk radio show in the Orlando market hosted by David Goronoski.
- Ryan McMaken was referenced in multiple articles this quarter, with publications including the Bond Buyer, the Epoch Times, the New York Post, Bank Rate, and International Business Times.
- Mark Thornton was quoted in the New York Post and interviewed by Apple Daily, the second largest publication in Hong Kong.
- Tho Bishop had an op-ed published in the Washington Times.
- Numerous Mises Wire articles were republished in high volume sites including ZeroHedge, Seeking Alpha, and Eurasia Review.
Publications and Bookstore
We’ve published new minibooks, including A Roundabout Approach to Austrian Macroeconomics by Roger W. Garrison and Nation, Migration, and Trade by Joseph Salerno
The Mises Institute will be publishing a new edition of Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt, featuring a new foreword by Jeff Deist
Top Ten New Articles of the Quarter:
Greta Thunberg To Poor Countries: Drop Dead by Ryan McMaken
Baltimore's Homicide Rate Is Ten Times Larger than the US Rate by Ryan McMaken
Federal Judges Are Waging War on the Fourth Amendment by Chris Calton
Why They Keep Trying to Blame Capitalists for Slavery by Ryan McMaken
Tolkien, Christianity, and the State by Zachary Yost
Why the Dollar Rules the World — And Why Its Reign Could End by Antony P. Mueller
Top 3 PDF Book Downloads of the Quarter:
Human Action, 205,448 downloads
Theory of Money and Credit, 45,666 downloads
The Market for Liberty, 16,914 downloads
Mises Institute International:
A translation of Ron Paul’s End the Fed was published in Korean thanks to a young scholar who plans to start Mises Institute Korea.
Total Third Quarter Pageviews of Mises.org/es: 223,300